Simple mind, simple life.
I never see failure as failure, but only as a learning
experience.

Monday, May 17, 2010

The Making of Teddy, the Bear

A girl friend of mine has recently taught me how to make a teddy bear. I could never have imagined I would be able to do so. Well, after two lessons from her, the making of my first teddy bear has begun to show some progress.


As you can see from the picture, most of the parts were ready, waiting to be stuffed and joined together. However, somehow when I looked at the head, it didn’t look like a bear at all to me. It looked more like a squirrel or a puppy. I began to get worried. I couldn’t go wrong. I could not make a teddy that looks like a puppy, because the materials are very expensive!

I began to speak to the teddy: “I hope you’ll turn out fine”. I sewed with trembling hands, (afraid it might not turn out ok), and often poked my fingers with the sharp needle. I ran out of thread when I was sewing the lips of the bear. I didn’t want to waste time buying for new thread to redo. And hence, the teddy has clef lips.

When I finally finished joining the parts, I was relieved. It looks like a teddy bear but a little grouchy though, (probably due to the clef lips). Nonetheless, I’m quite satisfied. I intend to make another one to improve my skills. Thereafter, I guess I could start receive orders for my ‘teddy business’. But I don’t think I could make a profit cos’ it’s actually cheaper to buy from the ready made market.

For the time being, this teddy is resting on my bed. :)

No comments: